Friday, May 30, 2008

An Ode to Slings II

The baby is big enough to be worn like a big kid in my ERGO Baby Carrier!!! Yea! This is such a comfortable carrier when you are up and about. Today I put her on my back in the Ergo to make breakfast. It was awesome. She has been doing that scary try to sit forward and fall on her face thing in the bouncy seat (meaning bye bye bouncy) but she is still too little to hang out in a high chair (we don't have a fancy-pants one, just a wooden restaurant one). I have been wracking my brain to figure out what to do with her when I can't be holding her in front. Generally she is in my Maya Wrap Sling, but I find it really uncomfortable for wearing on the back. Also, I have to admit that I totally forgot for 3 whole weeks about being able to wear her on my back in my Karma Baby Sling (hey, this is actually my color and everything!). Mommy brain strikes again! But it was a good thing since it made me get out the Ergo to see if she fit into it correctly.

Now this is silly. This is turning into an ad for slings. Which I would totally advertise (see previous post where I almost admit to my addiction...), but that wasn't the point. The point is, the baby is getting bigger and therefore grabbier and therefore more dangerous to wear in front when doing potentially dangerous things like juggling knives. Ok, not really that exactly, but maybe slightly less challenging but still dangerous things. Like making breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment