Sunday, June 22, 2008

FIRSTS!

Beebz got her first tooth and her first haircut this weekend. I can't believe we cut her hair! She is only (almost) 6 months old! I am one of those insane traditionalists that thinks the first haircut should be sometime later. Like when the child is 5. I don't know where I got this, but little locks were just not meant to be...fashionable. Whenever I see a child with a haircut more expensive than my own, it geeks me out. It's like seeing a $500 purse or a Hummer. It makes me question people's priorities. Pablo's first cut came around age 3, when a dear friend performed an intervention and informed me that my son was sporting a mullet. That got under my skin. Apparently I have priorities too.... So, we cut it, I cried, and life moved on.

Beebz, on the other hand, was born with a ton of hair, and it has quickly grown to get in her eyes. She pulls at it and it bugs her. This was a needed cut, and yet I feel like she has passed a big milestone way too early. My baby is growing up, and you know how I feel about that! I am not a happy mama about this whole baby growing at warp speed nonsense.

To top it off, her first tooth is in, and adorable, and she keeps making this face where you can tell she is trying to check out the new sharp object in her mouth and feeling pretty confused by it. I think I would be, too.

I am feeling that sadness of my baby getting big too fast. I miss the little lump she was. On the other hand, watching the magic of her development is very exciting and fun, and I look forward to every little new thing that comes. But her hair cuts still won't cost more than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment