Thursday, January 29, 2009

A-ha!

Today is Beebz's a-ha day. She woke up and we nursed and snuggled. As she does, she started pointing to parts of my face. She pointed to my nose and of course I said, "Nose! Can you find your nose?" She did. She then found all the parts of her face and even started saying them. Sort-of. You know, like babies do. (ei-ei for eye, eah for ear... I got the message.)

Later today I asked her to go in another room and get me the sock she had taken off. I never dreamed she would actually DO it. But she did. (By the way, you know how Robeez are so great because kids can't take them off? Ha. My girl can do it in a flash.)

Just now she asked to help me do laundry. She actually got upset when she caught me transferring clothes from the washer to the dryer without her. So I handed her pieces and she giggled as she put each one in. She was thrilled to put things IN rather than just taking them OUT.

It is just so amazing to watch all the pieces come together in their heads as they figure out new things. I love love LOVE this part of parenting. Watching them evolve, right before my eyes is the most wonderous thing. I am so grateful this is my life.

1 comment:

  1. I always let her help with the laundry or she gets mad and yells at me with only vowels.

    ReplyDelete