Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Bike Run

Pablo, Beebz, and I have started a new fun tradition. Pablo loves to run, but Beebz hates the stroller (except to go to the pool. the NOW BROKEN neighborhood pool. I digress.). If you an figure out how to run with a 20 something pound kiddo strapped to your back without giving her brain damage, please let me know. In the mean time, we will stick to the bike run.

I put Beebz on the back of my bike, tell Pablo to pick a direction, and we go. He runs, I pedal leisurely, and Beebz yells BUMP! BUMP!, i.e. asks me to hit more bumps. A great time is had by all.

Today I got curious and measured our trek. We went to a neighborhood park. 2.83 miles, round trip. That's some serious running. Of course, by then end it was walking, stopping, panting, drinking more water and then jogging. But still fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment