Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scrambled States!

My son, as you may have noticed, is obsessed with geography. We recently discovered The Scrambled States of America, and he LOVES it. He loves this book so much he takes it to bed and sleeps with it every night. Literally. I mean, a book where the states are animorphized? (yeah, yeah, it's not a word, but you know what I mean...) When we have spent months pretending to BE states (and countries)? We spend an amazing amount of time reading this book by looking for each state on each page. In alphabetical order, of course.

Then, we were at the toy store the other day and I saw something to make my little boy's heart go all a quiver. There are games!! Scrambled States and Scrambled States of America Game Card Game. Boy is my kiddo gonna be out of his head with excitement! I am trying to pace myself and not buy everything at once, but I am sorely tempted. He loves games, he loves geography. Sure, they are a bit easy for him and he will stomp his poor mamas into the dust with his superior knowledge, but, hey, I don't mind!

As I was grabbing the hyperlinks for this post, I was smugly thinking that nothing could top the games. Really really nothing. Unless it was, oh, I don't know, maybe a sequel?! The Scrambled States of America Talent Show comes out next month. Pablo is going to jump out of his skin with geographical excitement. I can't wait!

Now if only Laurie Keller would write a book about all 193 countries, THAT would top it all. Well, and a game. And I guess a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment