Friday, August 8, 2008

It's a busy weekend....

This weekend we are going to Houston to visit my partner's sister. I am sure we will have lots of fun. It is, however, in Houston. For those who have managed to avoid that city, good on ya. It is the armpit of Texas. And we are talking TEXAS, people, a place where there are sweaty, dirty, dusty cowboys. The city was basically built on swampland (where only stubborn idiots would build a city -- oh yeah... Texas...) and the air is filled with the fetid, damp odors of swampiness. The only possible good reason for Houston air to be so thick and moist and fetid is, well, so I get to use the word 'fetid.' It is actually physically hard to breathe there. And we are going (note the date, people) in AUGUST. The hottest month of the year. We are fools.


On the good side, there are great museums and nice people and we haven't had a good visit with this branch of the family tree in quite a while. If we can keep from collapsing in the humidity (it's the heat AND the humidity, but the humidity is worse, trust me), I am sure we will all have a wonderful time. Thank the gods for air conditioning. Wish me luck, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment