Monday, August 11, 2008

the weekend review

Houston was... Houston. I forgot to complain about the mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds that swoop down to steal pints of blood in a single slurping suck in my previous rant. Oh well. Consider them noted. We had fun going to the zoo despite the fact that it is actually one of the worst zoos I have ever seen. Poor layout, small enclosures, sad animals... the works. They did have lots of babies (giraffes and elephants), which was really fun, and it was great to spend time with my partner's family. However, the drive sucked big ones since the baby is SO unhappy in the car. The weekend involved a TON of driving around once were in Houston, so she was pretty miserable. (Let me just say, I DO NOT recommend teething 6 teeth at once. It does get the job done faster, but it seems to be exponentially more painful.) We got home to find that one of our favorite restaurants was closed due to fire damage, which created the world's greatest meltdown on almost everyone's part.

And then there was last night. Pablo woke us up to the lovely sound of vomiting 3 separate times. Poor baby. He seems to be fine this morning, but we are exhausted. My partner is actually staying home from work today so we can sleep. I am glad that he is feeling better, but I was really depending on -- I mean, predicting a day of him lying on the couch watching the Olympics and dozing with intermittent toast eating. Nope. He is currently pulling imaginary trapped states out of the piano by playing original melodies. I was wondering how we were going to get them out of there.

Everyone else currently seems fine, but I am anticipating everyone else getting the same stomach virus any second now. No, strike that... my partner's stomach is hurting.... At least we get to watch the Olympics!! Go PHELPS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment