Friday, November 14, 2008

Who's your daddy?

My kids came from the magical combination of my body and an anonymous sperm donor. I have never really been curious about who that donor was, until now.

I have been trying to teach Beebz to say "Obama" since 1)she loves to say B's and M's and 2) I think it would be really cute. So imagine my surprise when I said, "Say Obama!" and she replied, "DADDY!!"

ummm. ok, she had never said that word before. Sure, "dadada" and other such baby ramblings, but never "Daddy." Could it be, deep in her genetic code, she knows something I don't?

Or maybe she just knows Barack Obama is to be a new father to our nation, bringing new hope and progress to our bedraggled country. Pretty impressive political commentary for a 10 1/2 month old, no?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the word Obama has been in big use around your house recently. That's a funny and cute story :-)

    ReplyDelete