Thursday, November 12, 2009

In sickness and in health

Last week the kids each got sick for about a day and a half. And then they were fine. I, on the other hand, am still feeling it, more than a week later. Flu symptoms, body aches, the works. I am feeling better now, except for a cough that seems intent on wintering in my lungs. Of course, all this has thrown life into a tail spin.

School? What school? House cleaning? Ha. I was even too tired to knit for a few days. That's pathetic. I am getting back into the swing of things slowly, not expecting too much. I hope. Because I have no interest in relapse.

Oh. And did I mention that apparently my computer got the flu too? Yeah, it keeps stopping windows and saying things like "back up hard drive immediately, failure imminent" and "retrying system start... retrying system start...." So I removed any recent downloads, ran my virus software, and all that. You know, silicon chicken soup. So far, it seems to be doing better, as evidenced by the fact that I was able to type this much without a shutdown. sigh.

We all seem to be back in the land of the living. or at least functional. I am glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment