Sunday, February 7, 2010

Edible Elements for his Birthday!

Hi. My name is Mindful Mama and I am a compulsive birthday cake maker. It was this project that let me know I must have a problem. This is 110 mini cupcakes. I am certifiably certifiable. It took about 7 hours total. It was, however, totally worth it. (For those who don't know, I make a the kids' birthday cakes to represent their favorite toy/thing for the year. They get to pick.)



We had a great party, complete with science experiments and lots of playing in the (rare these days) sunshine. It was small enough that I actually got to hang out with people, which seems rare for our parties. Most importantly, Pablo loved both the party and the "cake". Never again with the cupcakes, tho....

Next year I am hoping he picks a chess board. White and dark molded chocolate pieces. Awesome. (Yeah, I know. I told you I am ADDICTED.)

No comments:

Post a Comment