Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seriously? New Stitches?

A friend came over with a book called The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches. It's a Reader's Digest book and I glanced through the knitting with a sense of awe. I am not a great knitter. To be honest, I am a rank beginner. I think its fun and I enjoy it... at least I did when I was able to do it. New babies and knitting do not always gel. Then I flipped back to the crochet section, thinking, here I will see all the same stitches I have seen for years. I have been crocheting for 25 years or so. There is really nothing I can't do. I even crocheted my son an elephant costume from scratch. No pattern. I am really good. Or so I thought. This book had new stitches! Ones I didn't know existed! I am so excited I can hardly speak! I kept squeaking things like, "Oh! I have to try this one!" and "(gasp) look at this! I didn't know you could do this!" I am truly humbled. A book that makes me see that I am not the expert I thought I was.... At least its easier to crochet while nursing than knitting is!

No comments:

Post a Comment