Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Happening!!!

Yes, we made it! With only a few wars geared to make the selfish and rich even more rich (and selfish), an economy in shambles, a nation more polarized than ever (well, generally republicans DO suck...), and a planet on the brink of annihilation due to the myriad of ways the rich and selfish abuse it. Yep, we "made" it.

But now is a time to look forward, and not back. Except to prosecute the hell out of the jerks who screwed up our country in 8 stolen (by the way, let's bring back paper ballots so the evil ones can't steal any more elections) years.

Happy Inauguration Day, everyone... finally people with intelligence,compassion, and balance are back in power.



P.S. As you may have noticed, I find myself more angry about the past than excited about the future. I think it is because I know that fixing everything will be much more complicated and take more time than the American public has patience for. I fear that this administration has too much pressure on it. Everyone wants an instant fix. It can't happen that easily. Today is the day we switch from hope to expectation. There is so much to fix. And it worries me.

2 comments:

  1. All last week when Obama was quickly reversing the abysmal policies of the Bush adminstration I kept thinking the same thing: "It's our freaking turn!"

    ReplyDelete