Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My baby is growing up.

A few weeks ago I put away the changing pad that had sat between our two sinks for 5 1/2 years. I must be the only mama in the universe who is sad that her child potty trained so quickly. She is a big girl now, and her most common word is, "DO! DO!" as in, "I want to do this myself!"

Last week I officially declared her a 2 year old, despite having 4 months to go, when she started throwing mini-tantrums over things like having the water on longer when she washed her hands and wanting to pick her own granola bar. She isn't even shaped like a baby. She is skinny like a big kid, with no baby fat. Totally 2.

This weekend she hit a yet another milestone. I turned her carseat forward. She is plenty big enough, and has been increasingly unhappy in the car. I figured turning her around would solve the problem. I was right. sigh.


My little baby is neither little nor a baby. When she weans I will probably have a breakdown.


How did this all happen so fast?!

No comments:

Post a Comment