Sunday, October 11, 2009

So soxy!


I finished my yoga socks, and boy are they AWESOME! I really love them, and even more important, they gave me the courage to knit a real sock.

I used the non-pattern in Knitting Rules by the Yarn Harlot herself. If course, I don't have a picture. Yet. This one I will get up soon. really. promise? Anyway, the Yarn Harlot, aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, explains how to make things without actual patterns (nice for me, since I kind of think of patterns as cheating....). She takes the parts of the sock (or hat, scarf, or shawl) and breaks them down into components so that anyone can make whatever kind of fun sock et al that they want. I am so excited! Also, a big shout out to LD for loaning me the book!!

I am currently working on a hat for the baby. I am really psyched about it, since I am winging the pattern. Ah, the thrill (and fear) of flying without a map... I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. hey i love your yoga socks! they are fantastic... and i love the painted toenails too ;)

    ReplyDelete